Take Care of Your Skin While Relaxing At Tiki!
Summer is in full swing! It’s the best time of year, but while it means fun in the sun, it also means paying special attention to your skin – not just because you’ll be showing more of it (we hope), but because summer can be especially harsh on your skin. If you want to look your best for years to come while relaxing at our beach bar, keep these tips in mind.
1) Be sure to exfoliate and moisturize. This will help your skin stand up to the summer sun.
2) When going to the beach, be sure to use sunscreen with a high SPF of 30 or more, and make sure you use water resistant sunscreen. You’ll be able to stay longer while minimizing burn risk.
3) Indulge in great skin care products – and yes, this includes the guys! Take care of your skin and it will take care of you.
4) Whenever possible, find oil-free sunscreen to maintain healthy pores and to prevent breakouts.
5) Many people don’t realize this, but you can “pre-load” sunscreen prior to a beach vacation. For two weeks prior to your vacation, each night apply sunscreen. The sunscreen will actually build up in your skin, making you less likely to burn.
6) Consider facial mists, which replenish minerals vital to healthy looking skin.
7) Be sure to exfoliate more often during the warmer months. During hot, humid weather your pores are larger, more open, and more noticeable. An extra exfoliation session each week will help counteract this.
With these simple tips, you’ll be looking great this summer! There’s no better way to catch the attention of that guy or gal you’ve been eying up down the bar!